We will be accepting applications for the above listed positions throughout the year in order to build an eligibility list. Our office will contact you regarding testing dates and interviews. We want our team to be filled with individuals who possess excellent communication skills, sound judgment, a good work ethic and a high level of integrity. For current openings, please visit the University of Nebraska Employment website.
The University Police Department staff includes some of the most dedicated individuals in the state of Nebraska. We are committed to making a positive difference in the community and the state.
Ensuring safety requires dedicated individuals who are sensitive to the community's diverse needs. When addressing the issues that we face, we encourage a collaborative approach because maintaining a safe and secure environment is everyone’s responsibility. In performing our duties on campus, we maintain excellent working relationships with our local and federal law enforcement partners.
The University Police Department is a full-service CALEA accredited law enforcement agency. Our team includes:
- Uniformed Patrol
- Investigations Unit
- Crime prevention/training Unit
- Bicycle patrol
- Task force participation
- On-site dispatch center
- Utilizing community-wide, computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system
- Community-wide radio system
- Campus alarm monitoring
- Closed circuit TV (CCTV) patrols
Community Service Officers
- Security for residence hall complexes
- Regular interaction with students
- Event security
- Specialized non-commissioned employees
- Wide range of functions supporting public safety operation
- Opportunities for students occur within our IT, Building Access, and Patrol divisions
- Student on-campus opportunities can be found on the Career Services website.