At approximately 4:12 a.m. UNLPD was called to the Delta Delta Delta sorority house on a report of a burglary in progress. A member of the house went to the basement where she encountered an unknown male. The suspect ran past the house member and out of the house. Entry may have been through an unlocked door.
Responding officers conducted a search of the sorority. Officers did not locate the suspect within the residence. A K-9 performed a track which led east and ended towards 17th and R Street. The suspect has not been located at this time. UNLPD is actively investigating the incident.
The suspect is described as male approximately 6' to 6'2", unknown race, and slender build wearing dark wind pants, a dark sweatshirt, a dark ski mask and goggles.
UNLPD recommends safety tips to help decrease the likelihood of this occurring again.
• As a rule do not give out your door codes to anyone.
• Make sure all exterior doors and windows are locked.
• Make sure your security system is in good working condition.
• Make sure all exterior lights are in good working order.
• Report all suspicious behavior/activity you observe immediately.
• Have a buddy system when walking late at night.
• Have your cell phone with you.
UNLPD asks anyone with information to contact University Police at 472-2222 or Crime Stoppers at 475-3600.